Code of Conduct for Parents/Spectators
Parents/Spectators have a great influence on children's enjoyment and success in football. All children play football because they first and foremost love the game - it's fun. It is important to remember that however good a child becomes at football within your club it is important to reinforce the message to parents / spectators that positive encouragement will contribute to:
- Children enjoying football.
- A sense of personal achievement.
- Improving the child's skills and techniques.
A parent's / spectator's expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child's attitude towards:
- Other players.
Ensure that parents /spectators within your club are always positive and encouraging towards all of the children not just their own.
Encourage parents/spectators to:
- Applaud the opposition as well as your own team.
- Avoid coaching the child during the game.
- Not to shout and scream.
- Respect the referee's decision.
- Give attention to each of the children involved in football not just the most talented.
- Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football.